4 lunch size bread rolls (soft or crusty)
4 small slices of ham
4 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup shredded FCCM Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the bread rolls.
- Scoop out the center. To be neat, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the center.
- Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece if you can because then there is less chance of the egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
- Crack in an egg.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of FCCM Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Put the top back on each roll. Wrap with foil and place in oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Take a peek at 10 minutes to check them for desired doneness. The longer they cook, the harder the yolk will be cooked. The thickness of your bread bowl walls will also impact the cooking time.
- Remove from oven, unwrap and serve immediately.