1-13.5 oz box of pasta
FCCM Original Hard Cider
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 NYS apple peeled, cored and diced
1 yellow onion diced
Mill-Aged X-tra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Hard Cider Mac 'n' Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- Meanwhile, to prepare your cheese sauce, in a medium sauce pan, over medium-low heat, add butter, onions and apples.
- Saute for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over them mixing continuously until the flour has coated all of the onions and apples. (It should appear pasty).
- Slowly pour in cider and cream whisking constantly.
- Bring the mixture up to a boil.
- Stir in 12 oz of the shredded cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over the cooked and strained pasta.
- Pour into a medium baking dish.
- Top with left over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the sides are bubbly.