2-1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 quart cold water
1/2 cup salt
1/3 cup FCCM Maple Syrup
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons FCCM Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons FCCM Honey Dijon Mustard
Recipe Yield: Serves 6
- This pork roast is moist and flavorful thanks to an overnight soad in a maple syrup brine.
- Mix water, salt, 1/3 cup FCCM Maple Syrup, garlic, ginger, rosemary, cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Place pork loin in brine mixture and refrigerate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from brine, pat dry, and season all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat vegetable oil in an oven-proof skillet over high heat.
- Cook pork, turning to brown each side, about 10 minutes total.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast until pork is browned, about 4 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons FCCM Maple Syrup and FCCM Honey Dijon Mustard together in a small bowl.
- Remove pork roast from the oven and spread maple syrup mixture on all sides. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, until the pork is no longer pink in the center. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F.