Cooperstown is truly a "Believe it or Not" type of destination – and while known as the home of our nation's pastime and a baseball mecca of sorts, the charming Central New York village offers more than meets the eye. Brimming with culture, history, sports legacy, outdoor recreation and more, Cooperstown beckons first time and repeat visitors alike to discover – or rediscover – all the activities that await.
Top Attractions in Cooperstown, NY
From baseball to the best of American Art, experience the many sides of Cooperstown at these top area attractions:
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum – Perhaps Cooperstown's biggest "claim to fame," the Hall of Fame is one of the area's most popular attractions. After strolling through its unique exhibitions, take in a game at Doubleday Field or stop by the Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum. Museum Hours – Daily 9AM – 9PM | 25 Main Street, Cooperstown, NY 13337
- Cooperstown Beverage Trail - A collection of craft cider, beer, sine and spirit producers. Visit all members and receive a free collector glass.
- The Fenimore Art Museum – Find inspiration at one of the nation's premier art institutions, showcasing a diverse display of genres ranging from 20th century American Art, to traditional American Indian Art, coupled with lecture series, workshops and educational opportunities.
- The Glimmerglass Festival – One of Cooperstown's hidden gems, the internationally-acclaimed summer opera festival will delight opera buffs and novices alike with classic performances and modern renditions in the beautiful lakeside setting of the Glimmerglass' Alice Busch Theater.
- The Farmers' Museum – Perhaps of one of the few remaining places in America where you can truly "step back in time," the Farmers' Museum brings American history to life right before your eyes. Experience life on the farm at Lippitt Farmstead, explore the Historic Village and more.
- Brewery Ommegang – One of America's most innovative craft breweries, sample Belgian-style brews at this beautiful farmstead brewery. Ommegang – "walking around" in Old Flemish – encourages its guests to do just that with tastings, tours, delicious food and ongoing events.
- Hyde Hall - Hyde Hall is a National Historic Landmark site, located eight miles north of Cooperstown, NY within the grounds of Glimmerglass State Park in Springfield, NY. The mansion is a stunning reminder of a bygone American era, when powerful English families established vast estates in their former colonies. The house itself is considered the finest example of neoclassic country mansions anywhere in the United States. Whether in the area for a quick trip or a longer stay, Hyde Hall is a top ten destination in the region for visitors and a wonderful resource for insight into the history of Central NY.
- Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard – Taste your way through over 40 specialty food products – yes, you can literally taste them all – sample delicious cider, and more at Fly Creek Cider Mill – tantalizing taste buds for more than 160 years.