1/2 cup butter
(2) 1-oz. sq. unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups finely chopped, FCCM peeled apples
1 cup sugar
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla
- Melt butter and chocolate together over hot water.
- Beat eggs until light and lemon-colored.
- Add sugar gradually while continuing to beat.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into chocolate mixture. Add nuts, apples and vanilla.
- Spoon into greased 8" square baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.