1-9 inch uncooked pie crust
8 slices of bacon
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 cup sausage crumbles, cooked
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 cups FCCM Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon until just before crispy
- While bacon is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan and add the onion.
- Allow to cook until a dark golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs, cream and milk together until fluffy.
- Add in salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Stir in the bacon, sausage, onion and cheese.
- Press the crust into a tart pan or a deep dish pie pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and place onto a baking dish.
- Loosely cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until crust is golden.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!