1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
3/4 cup shredded FCCM Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3.5oz unsalted butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and then mix in garlic, salt and parsley
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 1" diamonds, but do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter mixture and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of effort, but I promise it is worth it.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.