1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large green bell pepper, diced
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
4 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Recipe Yield: Serves 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Saute bell pepper, onion and garlic 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in soup, diced tomatoes and chili powder.
- Cook just until warmed.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half of the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half of the sauce, half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.