3-4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
4 sliced bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
1-1/2 cups shredded FCCM Mill-Aged X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9"x9" baking pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan.
- Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top.
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/2 cup cheese and half of the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/2 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Pour heavy cream over top of casserole and then dot with the butter pieces.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until melted.